Update on Covid-19 Guidance
Governor Mike DeWine announced that the COVID-19 mask mandate will be lifted for all Ohioans – those who have been vaccinated and those who have not been vaccinated – effective June 2. This is a follow-up to his prior announcement that vaccinated people do not need to wear masks indoors.
The Bishops of Ohio have reinstated the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, beginning with the Sunday Masses of June 6 and including the anticipatory Mass on Saturday June 5.
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati offers certain guidance to parishes:
- Continuing the practice to follow the regulations of public health authorities, there will be no mask mandate in churches after the statewide mandate has been lifted.
- Churches may return to full seating capacity and may also maintain certain areas for congregants who desire seating with social distancing.
- The existing guidelines remain in place regarding receiving Holy Communion in the hand, limitations on offertory processions, passing collection baskets and sharing the sign of peace. Our Lady of Lourdes recognizes this time of transition and the individual choice for all our parishioners.
To that end, for the immediate future, we will:
- Maintain a section of seating in church that will be roped off for congregants who desire socially distant seating.
- Continue following the existing archdiocesan guidelines listed above related to celebration of the Mass.
- Continue to offer hand sanitizer throughout the church and in all campus buildings.
- Continue to clean and sanitize the church after each Mass and all campus buildings after scheduled events.
- Continue to offer live-streaming of all Masses.
- Continue to wear masks in the school building through the end of the school year.
- Continue to offer masks for visitors who may choose to wear one when in all campus buildings.